mpa2wav can convert any MPEG I/II/II.5, Layer 1/2/3 in CBR (Constant BitRate) or VBR (Variable BitRate) to a valid RIFF/WAV+MPEG file.
This software is published with a GPL license. It is distributed with the code and a Win32 binary.
It should be built on any platform without any problem, as long as you have a C++ compiler.
- version 0.4.2 - 2002/07/23
- version 0.4.1 - 2002/07/21
- version 0.4.0 - 2002/07/10
- version 0.3.0 - 2002/07/10
- version 0.2.2 - 2002/07/09
- 0.4.1 to 0.4.2 : better average bitrate estimation, don't count bad frames in the average bitrate.
- 0.4.0 to 0.4.1 : corrected and improved the UNIX Makefile.
- 0.3.0 to 0.4.0 : corrected a problem on VBR files.
- 0.2.2 to 0.3.0 : added the "-a" option to keep all data, even bad frames (no ID3v2 tags). These bad data are not counted as valid in the WAV header.
contact : Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme @ free.fr> (remove the spaces)
© 2002 Steve Lhomme - GPL License